KIM, Yong Ha
Associate Attorney (Admitted in NY & MD)
OverviewMs. Kim is a general practice attorney representing corporations in a wide variety of legal services on corporate matters and financial products, such as: Establishment of corporate entities in the U.S. and Korea, Corporate Governance and Management, Investment in the U.S. and Korea, Promissory notes, Deeds of trust, and Loan Agreements. She is also representing contractual matters, such as: Sale and Purchase Agreements, Stock Purchase Agreements, Distribution Agreements in the U.S. and Korea, Technical License Agreements, Software License Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Indemnity Agreements, Employment Agreements, Shareholders' Agreements, Articles of Incorporation, and LLC Operating Agreements. Ms. Kim advises on immigrant visas / permanent residency, and non-immigrant visas, including E-2, F, L-1, H-3, and H-1B.
Representative Cases- Advised on forming new entities and establishing new branch offices for U.S. and foreign companies.
- Drafted and advised on Transactional agreements including Investment Agreements and Stock Offering / Purchase Agreements.
- Drafted and reviewed Promissory notes, Deeds of trust, and Loan Agreements.
- Prepared and prosecuted trademark applications.
- Analyzed potential IP / Civil litigation cases and drafted related documents.
- Advised on immigrant visas / permanent residency obtained through family-based immigration, employment-based and investment-based immigration.
- Advised on a wide range of non-immigrant visas, including E-2, F, H-1B and L-1.
Education- University of Maryland, College Park, MD, B.S. Electrical Engineering, degree anticipated May 2021.
- Northwestern University School of Law / Kellogg School of Management, Chicago, IL, LL.M.,and Certificate in Business Administration (joint Program), 2016
- Yonsei Law School, Seoul, Korea, J.D., 2014
- Yonsei University College of Law, Seoul, Korea, LL.B. (minor in Business Administration), 2011
Bar Admissions- Maryland, 2020
- New York, 2019
- Intellectual Property Office of Korea, Patent Court of Korea, Supreme Court of Korea, 2016
- Korea, 2015